Sunday, June 13

Laughter was her Legacy

According to IMDB - Ball tried unsuccessfully to launch her show business career, finally landing a spot as a "Ziegfeld Girl". She launched her Hollywood career as one of the "Goldwyn Girls", but she moved out from the crowd of starlets to starring roles. With "I Love Lucy" (1951), she and husband Desi Arnaz pioneered the 3-camera technique now the standard in filming TV sitcoms, and the concept of syndicating television programs. She was also the first woman to own her own film studio as the head of Desilu.
Her quote “I'd rather regret the things I've done than regret the things I haven't done” symbolizes her life. She was willing to be herself and follow her dreams. Women that have gone before us are a great examples of what we can do with our lives and the potential that we all have to live the life we imagined.

Learn for the Legacies that have gone before us. Ask “what is my dream, what do I love to do?” Then figure out what steps you need to take to make that dream a reality and take the first step. You never know what Legacy you might leave behind and the individuals you might inspire. Start with you, inspire yourself.

No comments: