Tuesday, September 14

Living A Creative Life

“Ineffective people live day after day with unused potential. They experience synergy only in small, peripheral ways in their lives. But creative experiences can be produced regularly, consistently, almost daily in people's lives. It requires enormous personal security and openness and a spirit of adventure.” ~ Stephen R. Covey

I would say I have been blessed my entire life. Not by the amount of obstacles or set back I have not had to face, rather by the way that every time I am in the midst of what seems like a dead-end or a setback something better comes along. While initially many would disagree that isn’t the case, however if you analyzed the entire situation from finances to independence and value of our time and who and how it is spent then it would be 100% correct. I went through a divorce and became a better parent. I went through a bankruptcy and came out more financially aware and responsible and purchased my first home as a single mom. I lost my grandmother that raised me and have learned to open my heart and expand my family. I have moved 3300+ miles to find a new career and new friends. I had my job eliminated and started a business, the one we own today. We have faced setbacks, over promised commitments by vendors and yet when we open our minds and our hearts we continue to find individuals that believe in the value of our products and what we are trying to do. From all of this I have had an amazing adventure and meet some amazing people. I have had time with my daughter that I never had over the last 3 years that is now in her senior year of high school. I have written an eBook and met with a film senior vice president. I have lived a life that is focused on continual growth and expansion and own a company that supports that mission. I believe Mr. Covey was so right when we open ourselves up anything is possible.


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: