Wednesday, August 4

Abundance: It’s Not Just About the Money

Most average, middle class people go through times in their lives when finances are really good and other times when finances are not so good. I remember thinking at one point when I was a stay-at-home mom and we were a one-income family that when my husband reached a certain level of pay, we would be financially set. That point came and we upgraded out lifestyle a bit but then there was the wanting for more – for the next financial milestone. On the other hand, we had friends who we know had a much lower income but who seemed so content with what they had. They, in fact, had more discretionary income because of choices they made. So abundance is not necessarily about income. To me it is more about the freedom to choose how to use our resources so that we achieve the goals we want and enjoy the abundant life.
To have financial abundance is all a matter of perspective. I ask myself on occasion if all my basic needs are met. Yes, they are. Then next question I ask myself is am I able to do some, if not all, of the things that come with having financial abundance. Again the answer is yes. If we can have every necessary need met and still be able to enjoy the extra or find a way to have the things we want – whether or not that takes money – is in fact enjoying a level of abundance. Wayne Dyer said it perfectly when he said, “Abundance is not something we acquire. It is something we tune into.”


Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments: