Sunday, August 8

Abundance in Our Friendships

Think about the times in your life when you’ve really needed your friends. I know for me they have rallied around in times of tragedy but they are also there to celebrate occasions big and small. I remember as a little girl in Brownies we would sing this song, “Make new friends, but keep the old. One is silver and the other gold.” I don’t think that there is ever a time when we can’t make room for a new friend. As we go through experiences together, they grow not only in value to your life but bring richness and abundance to all of its individual experiences. There are different friends I call upon at different times. Some come through when least expected. The kind of friends I treasure most are the ones where even if we have not spoken or seen each other in a long time, we can pick right up where we left off. Then there are the friends that are there everyday that we may sometimes take for granted. As I reflect on all of my friends I recognize the blessing in having many who understand me and are there for me at just the right times. They know when to step in and when to step back and let me figure things out on my own, always there to listen with openness and understanding when I’m ready to talk. Friends don’t only come through in the difficult times but are also there to make the going a little easier day in and day out.

No comments: