Saturday, October 30

We Decide Our Tomorrow

“The doors we open and close each day decide the lives we live.” ~ Flora Whittemore
Over the past 20 years I have read many books on the subjects of self help, spiritual enlightenment, finding your purpose, and knowing who you are.  I can honestly say each one had something to offer and some insight I had failed to realize.  Yet now reflecting on them all, I realize they were all saying the same thing in a million different ways.  We are connected somehow; so don’t tear anyone down. We are all where we are because of our life choices so stop blaming yourself or others.  We can each change our tomorrow so just decide to do it and get it done.  Even today as I type these words I realize it sounds so simple, yet we have learned these habits that teach us to blame others for our own circumstances.  We learn, “you can’t teach an old dog new tricks” or ask ourselves what is the point in improving since my life isn’t that bad.  Bottom line is this: they are only habits and just as we learned those we can learn new ones.  I can learn something new regardless of my age. I can change the way I view life and find the good in it. I can be the person I was meant to be.  No, this won’t change yesterday, however, it will begin to move you closer to being the person you were meant to be and farther away from being the person you promised you never would be.  Your tomorrow is your choice and you decide slowly and surely what you want it to be and make it that.
Courtesy of "But What Do We Know"

No comments: